The primary challenges that electronics manufacturing service (EMS) providers faced in 2021 were many and included a myriad of component shortages, inflationary pricing, logistics challenges and COVID-19 restrictions and closures across multiple geographies. With average lead times for many electronic components extending rapidly from a standard 12-16 weeks to more than 40 weeks, EMS providers and their end customers have been challenged to stay ahead of the increasing trend and source all of the components needed to complete end product builds.
Reviving the US semiconductor industry will require balanced investment in the entire electronics ecosystem, including assembly and test, as well as printed circuit boards (PCBs), according to industry executives. While U.S. legislators prepare to approve a $52 billion package of incentives to help shore up the domestic semiconductor industry, there are concerns that most of the financial support will go to very profitable chipmakers that don’t need assistance while the struggling PCB segment is overlooked.
After publication of the annual reports of the big EMS/ODM companies in Europe, in4ma can finally announce the annual production value 2020 for the European EMS/ODM industry. The research now covers about 85% of all EMS/ODM companies in Europe. Other smaller companies take more time to publish their reports; those results have been modelled. This is done every year in the same way, and the remaining 15% are being updated, when they become available.
Singapore-based PCI is a fully integrated design, engineering and manufacturing solutions provider with five manufacturing and design facilities across Asia.
IPC announced today the December 2020 findings from its North American Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) Statistical Program. The book-to-bill ratio stands at 1.10.Total North American EMS shipments in December 2020 were up 13.5 percent compared to the same month last year. Compared to the preceding month, December shipments rose 8.5 percent.
Heavily impacted by the supply chain disruptions that happened during the early stages of the global pandemic—and that continue to effect specific business sectors months later—American manufacturers are rethinking their supply chains and coming up with new ways to shield them from future shocks.
Previous articles have discussed a segmentation of the electronics market called Long Life Cycle(LLC) Products. LLC products are those whose useful life is longer than five years. In a subsequent article, the current state of the electronics ecosystem, and the connection of the LLC market to the AI/IOT mega-trends were also discussed.
“I’m thrilled with our ability to deliver such strong financial results to close out FY20,” says CEO Mark Mondello in the report.During the fourth quarter the EMS provider recorded revenues of USD 7.3 billion, quite the increase from USD 6.5 billion during the same quarter last year. Jabil’s Diversified Manufacturing Services recorded a YoY revenue growth of 17%, while it’s EMS segment showed a YoY growth of 8%.
Candela is driven by an unwavering focus on quality and innovation. For more than 50 years, the company has pioneered breakthroughs using energy-based laser devices for treating a broad range of conditions, from hair removal and wrinkle reduction to traumatic scarring involving wounded warriors and burn victims.
In 2019, the worldwide contract manufacturing (CM) services market increased nominally — by 2.5 percent in total revenue — resulting in combined EMS and ODM revenue of over $555 billion, an expansion of $13 billion from the previous year, according to New Venture Research. The Worldwide Electronics Manufacturing Services Market – 2020 Edition reports revenue growth from 2014 to 2016 had been essentially flat, but expanded dramatically in 2017 and 2018.
Healthcare worldwide is at an exciting inflection point. On the one hand is reactive medicine, which to a large extent describes the profile of the existing system – you get sick, visit your healthcare provider, get treated and go home.
- New Smart Syringe Uses NFC to Store Drug InformationMay 6, 2022 - 12:13 pm
- New Scale DK-M3-LS-U2-8 Linear Smart Stage Developer’s Kits are now Available!March 31, 2022 - 6:55 pm
- For EMS Providers, Success Lies in Managing Components Across the Board March 25, 2022 - 7:10 am
- US Electronics Reshoring Plan Risks Missing the BoatMarch 24, 2022 - 10:07 am